Last summer, Auckland Council’s Music in Parks celebrated its 20th year with a jam-packed season of great gigs.
From January to late March over 30,000 people flocked to parks and reserves around the Auckland region to enjoy over 80 artists playing across 42 free concerts.
There were many highlights, here are just a handful…
- Over 7000 people dancing in the sunshine to Tahuna Breaks and Sola Rosa on Waitangi Day in Henderson.
- The largest crowd to date enjoying NZ Opera’s annual concert held in the lush surrounds of St Heliers’ Dingle Dell.
- Sal Valentine and the Babyshakes giving it their all, on an amazing summer’s day in Warkworth.
- 1500 happy and eager young fans in West Harbour patiently queuing to meet rising star, Jamie McDell.
- Listening to glorious vintage swing at the beautiful and intimate Domain Wintergardens.
- Line dancing, salsa and jitterbug styles breaking out in parks all over Auckland.